- MADE FROM NATURAL, ORGANIC INGREDIENTS: This authentic Sichuan paste is spicy and numbing, MSG-free with complex flavours.
- HEALTHY OPTIONS: This Chinese Sichuan paste ready-to-eat products are USDA approved, paleo-friendly, vegan, gluten-free, non-GMO, & low sodium . Enjoy this Szechuan Mala chilli concentrate regardless of dietary preferences and add in your favorite veggies & protein & serve over rice or noodles for a quick, homemade meal.Stir before using for best results.
- MANY WAYS TO USE: Our Mekhala Organic Sichuan Mala Chili paste can add delicious flavor in your boring food, it is suitable for family meals. It can also be a savory marinade for all types of grilled or barbecued vegetables, seafood and meat.
Mapo Tofu (Spicy Tofu)
Mapo Tofu is a must eat dish when trying out Szechuan cuisine! It's spicy, creamy, and pairs amazingly well with a steaming bowl of rice! This recipe is completely vegan but feel free to add a minced meat of your choice if you'd like. Our version is also a lot less oily than usual Mapo Tofu for a healthier meal :)
2-3 tsp Mekhala Organic Szechuan Mala Chilli Paste
1 tsp cornstarch
2 tbsp of your favourite stock
½ tsp Chinese black vinegar
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp Shao Xing wine or any Asian cooking wine
1 tbsp green onion, diced
10oz (300g) tofu, cut into cubes
1 tsp canola oil or sesame oil
- Mix Mekhala Organic Szechuan Mala Chilli Paste, stock, black vinegar, soy sauce, cooking wine, and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a pan at medium heat.
- Pour mixture from Step 1 into pan.
- Add tofu to pan. Stir gently so as to not break up the tofu too much, but ensuring that all the pieces are coated with sauce.
- Simmer for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Take pan off the heat and transfer tofu and sauce into a serving bowl.
- Garnish with green onions. Serve and enjoy!